The Azanefreezer range of air cooled condensing units have been designed to meet the environmental and legislative challenges facing users of temperature controlled storage facilities. The Azanefreezer is ideally suited to, R22 system replacement, new build cold storage and extension of existing cold storage facilities.
The air-cooled range of Azanefreezers are complete refrigeration systems housed in one unit with separate ceiling mounted evaporators arranged for efficient reverse cycle defrost. Each Azanefreezer comprises of two open screw type compressors, a vertical oil separator, a low pressure receiver, a plate and shell economiser, an air-cooled condenser utilising VFD fan technology and an electrical control panel assembled onto a common fabricated steel frame. All interconnecting pipework, valves and wiring are included as part of the complete package.
Ammonia - The Natural Choice
Star Refrigeration’s Azanefreezer range of air cooled ammonia packaged units have been designed to meet the environmental and legislative challenges facing users of freezer warehouses.
- Easily commissioned package unit reducing site installation and commissioning costs
- No associated plantroom build or fit out costs
- No on-going water, effluent, water treatment or compliance costs
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- High performance at full and part load conditions incorporating a number of energy efficient operating philosophies including floating head pressure control, VFD’s etc
- Very low charge ammonia - typically less than 5lb/TR
- Condensing units are capable of being easily relocated should the need arise
High Efficiency Screw Compressor
Designed for industrial installations, the Bitzer screw compressor offers the following benefits:
- High COP
- Economised operation for increased efficiency
- Patented lubrication system and rugged bearing design providing high reliability
- Flanged motor coupling avoiding costly compressor alignment
- Compact design
- Simple maintenance and service
Low Pressure Receiver
The Azanefreezer’s low charge, low pressure receiver (LPR) offers the following advantages over systems operating with pumped circulation, gravity feed or DX technology.
- Supplies sub-cooled liquid at high pressure which is expanded within the condensing unit.
- LPR system is critically charged and operates with an HP float ensuring only enough liquid is introduced to meet the actual load requirements.
- Does not require a liquid pump as the ammonia is driven by system pressure.
- The LPR design ensures that the discharge pressure can be operated at lower conditions than that of conventional direct expansion and pump circulation systems.
- The LPR system enables the evaporator coils to operate fully wetted and the vessel, liquid and suction lines sizes are smaller than on comparable systems.
- Eliminates the need for a wasteful superheat zone within the evaporator ensuring closer approaches between the refrigerant evaporating temperature and outlet air temperature.
High Efficiency , Low Noise Drive Motors
IP55, high efficiency compressor drive motors are fitted to the entire Azanefreezer range. These motors are also specially designed to offer low noise operation.
High Efficiency Condenser
All air-cooled Azanefreezers are fitted with low noise, variable speed fans to maximise system efficency at part load conditions. Fan speed varies depending on ambient temperature and condensing pressure. As fan power is proportional to the cube of the speed, a 10% speed reduction reduces power by 27%. Internal/external coil and fan guards are provided as standard to protect the condenser from damage during installation and operation and optional epoxy fin coating is available.